Saturday, February 20, 2010

Letter Of Lease Termination To Apartment Complex Can I File Small Claims For Items I Left At Previous Apartment?

Can I file small claims for items I left at previous apartment? - letter of lease termination to apartment complex

It was 11 days, that I touched when I realized I had some things in the storage unit where little left. The elements of a total of over $ 260. I called the manager of the facility, and she called "Keeping Kids and called me to say, they said they no longer have the article. I still owe $ 250 charged for rent 500 early cancellation.

I think that in a letter that I write to see most of our side, I stole things and kept the deposit of $ 500 to clean up ". Problems with this is, if $ 500 is not paid, they will be sent to collections.

I wonder ... Should I include in the letter, which, if they decide to send me to collections, will react with a small amount ofThe legal procedure for my stolen items?

I think the law for objects behind all that is left must be kept for 30 days are left ...? I love Idaho.

3 comments:

Landlord said...

Nothing was stolen from you, you have abandoned the property, it was garbage.

The matter of retaining article is for people who are displaced and imprisoned before they can move. Moved. There is no obligation on your garbage for a month to keep.

Not only will you have no claim, the landlord can charge the fees dump and pay the costs of maintenance guys to remove it.

joemoser... said...

There is no "right" on the left side behind the elements. Check their lease terms that you on the question of storage. It must be examined within their rights, thus farther away, in order to be considered trash - whatever you think they are worth $ 260 - she had in times of need, I suppose, provide evidence on the value "" - or so he was actually in the place of storage. And, yes, they can make the termination fee to the collection. But if you ever fall deposit and (ideally) with the early termination fee would be difficult to succeed in collecting societies - the defense would remain fairly clean place and took the margin deposit for early termination.

Carol said...

Never heard that the law requires the owner to a storage facility for 30 days. But / tenant has different things in different states. You know better if this law is where you live.

More than likely, if they will leave things behind him, suspects that is not desirable. Imagine what a burden and expense of the owner would be owned by the world for 30 days to keep after your move. Where are they stored? It would be very unfair that the owner has the right. Require a tenant to leave within a certain time, that means exactly. They leave with their property. You forgot to take their products after leaving the house. His articles have been stolen ".

About the condition tProperty, or the cleaning of the property, the best and perhaps only way to prove the condition of a property if it is induced to make pictures. Better yet, have pictures from when she moved, so you can compare. If you do not prove anything, you probably could not win in court.

The owner can send your debt collections. And I see no reason for any of a counterclaim. It has an error, leaving their possessions and will probably bite the bullet. If you move, part of the effort, the new tenant.

Good luck.

Post a Comment